Saturday, October 19, 2013

MENTAL RAMBLINGS

I'm sitting here in my favorite rocking chair where I usually watch my favorite T.V. shows.  I don't have a big TIVO, but I do have a small flat screen, that one of my sweet grandchildren gave me.

There is a bookcase to my right under a window, with a lamp on it. On the table by my chair I keep a pad of paper and a pen handy to write down ideas that come to me. I write...therefore I need the tools of my trade always handy.

Sometimes in the middle of the night I might be awakened from a dream and write down words that later turn out to be a story or a bit of poetry. I actually had poetry published that came from a dream. I have been working on an historical novel that was given me in a dream many years ago. At the end of this post I will give you the words to, "The Color of my Dreams." 

If I didn't keep that pad of paper by my bedside table, or wherever I'm sitting or in my purse at all times, my creative ideas would sadly disappear down the "brain drain." 

 I had written this in Honolulu HI. August 1995.

THE COLOR OF MY WORLD  

RED HOT searing flashes of pain, 
BLACK shards of humiliating indignities, 
PURPLE veils of hidden excruciating fear,
BROWN muddy fingers of chilling suffocation,
GREEN salivating tongues of envy.

This was the color of my world 
that tragically filled the compartments 
of my brain with mementos of heartbreak.

Then YELLOW rays of mournful searching, 
ORANGE flickering lights of guidance.  
PINK streams of tender, unconditional love,
LAVENDER hills of soothing, calming, heartsongs
replaced the dysfuntional cells. 

Soon WHITE angels breath lifted me to the highest 
realm, where the GOD person said, 
"Welcome to the Color of My World!" 

Copyright (C) 2002     

GOD BLESS!! HAVE A MYSTICAL DAY!!                                
















1 comment:

  1. I am so disappointed with my changing to Google. I used to have control over my stuff, but now I don't. I want to change my profile information and nothing happens. What in the blue blazes is wrong with you people that you have to have complete control over everything we do. It' s not right. I left AOL years ago because they were too territorial, and I am about to give up on Google too. You better change some of your methods or you will eventually lose your customers like they did. We the public are not puppets or a bunch of Robots. You don't make it easy for some people to understand. There are too many rules that sometimes are confusing. You change things too much and too fast. We can't get used to one thing before you go on to something else. Is it just all about money, or do we have a say so. I try to keep up with all of the changes. There should be a simpler way for those of us who are a bit older and slower. KISS (Keep it simple sweetheart).

    ReplyDelete