Wednesday, October 16, 2013

ANGEL OF MERCY

WHO SAYS MIRACLES DON'T HAPPEN ? 



I have two bank accounts,one sans anything,
but I keep it anyway. 

I received a letter from one of these institutions 
just the other day. 

The contents of the envelope when I opened it,tears 
to my eyes did bring. 

I'm merely an old lady, 
who's on that "fixed income" thing.

"Dear client," the letter said,
you are overdrawn five hundren dollars."  

I turned to God, I stemmed the tears,
I didn't even holler.

I wondered: What happened 
to the money I was about to lose? 

I have another bank account that 
I most often use. 

I never, ever use this one 
how can this possibly be? 

What could I do? Plead with them
to "Please have mercy on me." 

I pled my case, hoping it would fall
on sympathetic ears.

No such luck...my tale of woe 
did not touch her heart I fear. 

Suddenly I realized 
that it was my mistake. 

I had written checks on the wrong book.
Might the bank give me a break? 

I said, "I'll go to the ATM, 
and draw out some of the money, 

but there is no way I can give you
all the money, honey." 

I stood at the ATM machine,
confusion on my face.

"Do I have enough to spare? 
Dear God, please be my saving grace." 

A man came up to me, confessed
that he did overhear, 

my tale of woe, and wanted to know, 
as he told me not to fear. 

"How may I help you dear? 
How much money do you need?" 

I couldn't believe that this young man 
was about to do a good deed.

He handed me two-hundred dollars and said, 
"Please ma'am, have a good day."

God had sent me an "Angel of Mercy",
and then sent him on his way.

GOD BLESS!! HAVE A MYSTICAL DAY!!

1 comment:

  1. I really would like it if you all could please let me know if you like what I write or not. It's kinda how I know that I am being read. Thank you so much. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete